- Information We Collect
Personal Information. We collect personal information that you provide us when you use our services. We also collect the personal information of customers’ employees when a customer provides it to us through our PeerAssist Platform Website. The information we collect depends on the services we provide you and may include names, phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, billing addresses, usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, job titles, and contact information.
Sensitive Data. We may also collect some sensitive data from customers’ employees, but only if they provide it to us. This sensitive data may include social security numbers, employee numbers, biometric data, driver’s license numbers, or any other employment matter relevant to a particular individual’s employment history.
Non-Personal Information. We may collect some non-personally identifiable information automatically when you visit or interact with our website. This information does not reveal your identity. This non-personal information may include your IP address, browser and device data, log data, operating system, language preferences, device name, country, location, and other technical data.
- Use of Your Information
We use your information depending on how you interact with us, what you do on our website, or what services we provide you. Given the context of your interactions with us, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To communicate with you regarding our services
- To create and manage your account with us
- To perform the services under contract you have with us
- To provide a customer with human resources processing
- To provide you with customer service and support
- To collect feedback regarding our services
- To provide you with product updates
- To send you important announcements
- To identify usage trends and improve our websites’ user interface
- To invoice you and process billing
- To enable you to connect your social media account with us
- To protect our websites and services
- To advertise and optimize sales and marketing content
- To evaluate a sale or transfer of our assets
- To protect the vital interests of you or a third party
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To fulfill other business purposes that may arise
- With third-party service providers: we may share your information with third-party service providers that provide services to us that enable us to provide our services to you. Our current third-party vendors are Intuit’s Quickbooks, HubSpot, DigitalOcean, Zoom, Vidyard, and Atlassian.
- With our affiliates: we may share your information with our affiliates, who will abide by the terms of this policy. Other subsidiaries, partners, or other entities in which we have an ownership share.
- With investors or other companies: we may share your information with investors or companies that are interested in investing in, merging with, or acquiring our company’s assets.
- With your consent: we may share your information with others for other purposes not stated in this policy as authorized in our contract with you or if we obtain your consent first.
- With the public: we may use your name, logo, and any statements you make about our services for PeerAssist’s marketing purposes. This may include posting such information on our websites or including it in any advertising. You may request the removal of your name, logo, and any statements by contacting us as provided below.
We do not sell, rent, or transfer information we collect except as described in this policy.
We do not respond to Do Not Track Signals, as there is currently no uniform standard for recognizing or implementing them.
We retain your information for as long as you have an account with us. Please contact us to terminate your account with us.
- Privacy Rights
You have the right to do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided below:
- See what data we have collected about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have collected about you.
- Have us delete any data we have collected about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information. However, withdrawing consent may prohibit us from providing some or all of our services to you. We also may be permitted under applicable law to collect your information without your consent in some situations.
We keep your information until you contact us to delete it, but we may retain some of the information for legal purposes, to prevent fraud, to troubleshoot issues, or for investigation purposes.
You may opt out of any emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email or by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided below.
In addition to the rights we have already outlined in this policy, you may also have additional privacy rights depending on where you reside, as outlined below.
For California residents: You may request and obtain from us, once per year, the types of personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the identity of those third parties we disclosed to. This is in compliance with California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
For EU and UK residents: Under the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) and UK GDPR, you have the right to be informed, the right of access, the right to redaction, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object, and the right to avoid automated decision-making. We do not participate in automated decision-making with personal information. For the remainder of these rights, you may email or call us at the contact provided below to exercise your rights.
The legal basis we rely on to collect your information is:
- Performance of a contract
- Legitimate interest
- Vital Interest
- Legal Requirement
- Public Interest
For EEA, UK, or Canada residents: We only collect information from you with either your implied or explicit consent, which you may withdraw at any time. By using our services, you consent to us collecting information from you. You may have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information, request us to correct it or delete it, restrict the processing of your personal information, and data portability, if applicable.
Our services are only intended for individuals over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from individuals under the age of 18. Please contact us immediately if you believe we have collected information from minors, and we will delete it immediately.
- International Transfers
By using our services, you consent to us transferring, storing, and processing your information to countries outside of your country of residence. These countries include the United States and other countries, which may be both within and outside the UK or European Economic Area. These countries may have different laws than where you live. However, we have implemented measures to protect your information as required by applicable law and outlined in this policy.
If you use our on-premises services, then our services will be hosted on your infrastructure. In that situation, we do not have control over where our services are transferred.
We make every effort to maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in the protection of the confidentiality and security of personal information and other data provided to us. However, the internet, data transmission, and networks cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times. Although we strive to ensure the privacy and security of our data, we do not guarantee the protection of any information transmitted through our site or services. By utilizing PeerAssist and our services, you acknowledge and assume any and all risks. By using our services, you do so at your own risk and assume all liability for security breaches. We disclaim all liability for security breaches.
- Contact Us